N81 Firmware: V.11.0.045 Change Log
We have already reported about the ”new” firmware of the N81. Now Symbian-Freak posted a huge change log of the v11.0.045 firmware.
Changes/improvements made from Firmware v10.0.035 to v11.0.045
- CK25W and CarMenu application not working properly when repeatedly leaving and entering range
- Volume is muted during call setup with Bluetooth headset BH903
- BT Connectivity problems with Acura/MDX bluetooth freelink Car Kit
- Phone stops responding to ATcommands when multiple BT audio profiles are used
- Acception query for BH900 showed twice after headset and phone restartup
- Problems closing BT connection with Plantronics 340 BT Handsfree.
- Browser generates invalid file names when saving files with invalid characters.
- On going download files from Browser can be seen in Music Shop
- Web feeds will be updated every 2 minutes
- Zoom function causes the browser to crash
- Unable to reply to emails in browser
- Browsing a long time crashes the browser.
- amazon.com login doesn’t work
- Browser does not erase user login information after initial use of Gmail
- localhost http://127.0.0.1 or http://localhost is not working when using racoon server
- Crash is generated while browsing CNN money
- Browser plugin does not implement memory collection on an outofmemory condition
- Browser auto exit when browsing to http://www.detik.com
- Browser go back in history when leaving input field
- Cannot start camera for sending MMS from active call options if camera is not used before.
- Restoring factory settings results in inconsistency in some dynamic settings
- Sometimes camera restarts after sending an MMS from active call options
- Camera gets confused when video recording is ended by leaving camera in background
- Image not taken using selftimer with headset connected and music player active
- Changed Daylight Saying hours for New Zealand
- Bluetooth phone book download via FTP, unnecessary ‘QUOTED
- PRINTABLE’ in the vCard
- Arabic: There is no item highlighted when you enter some folders in Download Application.
- DRM Images cause “Phone startup failed. Contact the retailer.”
- Browser was closed when incoming call interrupts the flash animation with sounds.
- The flash cannot return to the previous view by prompt: “Unable to find file ‘xxxx’ “
- Crash detected when trying to connect network
- Close after exiting www.5fad.com from Browser
- Changing sound for video does not work when ID3 meta information is included in MP3 file
- Gallery hangs up after pressing end key when zooming big image.
- Scrolling in tile view is slow with big cache sizes
- The main view of Gallery is messed after setting wallpaper.
- Tile view not correctly updated, when opening Gallery after capturing new images
- Softkey labels are flashing during video playback after charger is plugged in
- Tile view title empty after upnp video playback
- GIF animation during a slideshow jams
- Realplayer video cannot resume after phone call
- Volume indicator is not displayed on startup of the slideshow when the Zoom and pan setting is off.
- Ken burns slide show crashes phone if VoIP call is active in background
- Thumbnail in Last captured entry is not updated after capturing image and then formatting E disc.
- Pressing navi selection key (volume keys) when slideshow with music paused does not display softkeys
- Rotate image in Print basket doesn’t work
- Copy items with same name from MMC/Mass storage to phone memory gets thumbnails messed up
- Can Not Copy, Cut, Or Paste Desired Text in Online Album
- The downloaded video episodes can NOT be displayed completely in ‘Media Gallery’
- Urdu: Standby mode, there are truncations in the popup text box when highlight some shortcut icons.
- Chinese PRC: The translation of the words ‘SIM message centre’ is wrong.
- Arabic, Urdu, Farsi: The battery indicator overlaps in Camera image mode and Video mode.
- German: noun “Listen”[lists] must be written with capital letters
- Taiwan Chinese: Wrong translation of the Help title: Service for your device
- Chinese: A question mark is placed in the beginning of the row.
- Arabic: Wrong translation for the options of the search menu
- Arabic: The word ‘Try’ has been translated by the daily spoken language and Grammar mistake in the Photos search
- Indonesian: Landmarks translated inconsistently.
- English: Unnecessary truncation in Games tile
- Arabic: Grammar mistake of ‘No images or videos’ in Videos.
- Norwegian: Podcasting is incorrectly localized
- Thai: NGage: All the ‘games’ spell incorrectly in the illustration.
- Danish: Suggestion to change the Danish word “Intet / ingen” in settings view
- Icelandic: Music Player Wrong / Missing punctuation in Audio settings
- Serbian: Camera Label right of the slider in a wrong gender form
- Czech: Music player Word “Podcast” is not translated properly in “Music player” application
- All languages: The note ‘Saved to Gallery’ is displayed instead of ‘Saved’ after saving a midi file from embedded Now Playing view.
- Arabic: Song names in a play list in Arabic language are not aligned to any direction
- Indonesian: Maps: the word ‘found’ has a wrong spelling in Indonesian.
- Icelandic: Home Media: List of available external devices isn’t shown.
- Thai: Workdays incorrect in Thai language pack
- APAC English: GPS data: The main titles are inconsistent.
- Arabic: The Music Soft Key is not Localised right
- Arabic: grammatical error in active idle view of the calendar
- Pilipino: Two different translations for Profiles visible to the user
- Urdu: Switch: The text in ‘Switch’ is not Urdu.
- Arabic: Gizmo English and Arabic text layout problem in the “About Gizmo”
- All Languages: GIZMO Unlocalised GIZMO Dislaimer content
- Portuguese: Gizmo Wrong form used for On and Off suboptions under Settings > Allow GPRS, Autoaccept invitations, Publish call status and Roaming notice
- Ukrainian: Gizmo Incorrect translation of the query “This application can use WLAN and GPRS. Allow GPRS usage?”
- Icelandic: Gizmo Too informal spelling in ICE Gizmo “Connecting, please wait”
- Tagalog: Gizmo Unlocalised “ON” and “OFF”
- Italian: Gizmo Wrong translation of “Go Offline”
- Urdu: Gizmo Spelling mistake in the translation of string “Unable to initiate call”
- French: Gizmo Unclear translation of “Activate call divert”
- Swedish: Gizmo Wrong translation of ‘IM’ in Options menu
- Croatian: Gizmo Option “Contacts” appears in singular
- Hungarian: Gizmo Hungarian spelling mistake in the pop up note
- Portuguese: Gizmo Wrong translation of Renew invitation to %U?
- Portuguese: Gizmo – Wrong translation in Disclaimer
- Slovak: Gizmo Wrong translation of ‘Open network’
- Sending landmark over Bluetooth after show on map operation reboots phone or crashes Nokia Maps application
- Maps closes when changing map view categories in Russian language
- Maps access point is automatically selected in first Maps startup
- Satellite info bars are hardly visible in NSeries Theme
- Saving a contact with English numbers in the call register, it is displayed in Arabic rather in English
- Close while defining a mailbox without access point.
- Tofield displays incorrectly when sending message to a group with two contacts.
- SmartMessage: Phone keeps receiving the same smart message after sending a Textual coding business card.
- No note pops up to inform the message has been deleted it after deleting SMS.
- Mobile Search prompts user for available updates, although there are none.
- Images shown in mobile search have wrong time stamp.
- Gallery tile: Selecting slideshow entry closes the Gallery, after images have been deleted
- Gallery tile: Thumbnail is not updated correctly when last captured item is highlighted
- Latest video is not focused when gallery is opened from Gallery tile
- Changing audio settings and activating visualization cause that volume can not be controlled in background.
- Music volume change when adjusting key click tones
- Music player volume level is wrong after playing warning tone
- Nonflat frequency response of music player with EN flag ON
- Music Shop does not react to media keys when streaming music.
- Song can be played during MTP connection.
- Incorrect view is displayed in ‘All Songs’ view after changing USB mode.
- System error occurs when deleting a song synced from WMP11 to phone.
- System error happens after pressing Clear key in embedded playlist view.
- Icon displayed of song without license is incorrect.
- The deleted podcast directory is still displayed in Restricted View.
- Certain MP3 files metadata leads to eternal looping on music refresh
- The currently active preset equalizer setting is changed after resetting values in Preset editing view.
- Hard key behaviours are wrong when the query ‘Activation key will expire in 4 days. Get new activation key now?’ displays.
- Find function behaving abnormally in Music Library
Operator and Third Party Application Compatibility
- Vivo: Fails to send SMS messages through VIVO SIM Toolkit (SIM Card profile 07)
- Vivo: Phone resets while trying to send a SMS from SIM Toolkit Profile 07.
- TMobile: Some Cookie functions are not supported or not fully implemented.
- TMobile DE : Very slow to browse content folders with DRM protected content
- CU: Reset happens when phone conference is on hold with CU_GSM SIM Card
- Telefonica: SAT File change notification fails
- Smartone: Phone keep to show buffering for more than 1 minute and then automatic restart to play the streaming file again
- Movistar Argentina : Contact names with accents and more than 11 characters cannot be copied to SIM directory
- Orange : Answer Phone Messages Both Line with CPHS
- Vodafone: When doing a DRM right udgrade, the new RO not added in the ODF
- Vodafone D2: BTT 6.1200.200 ESMP EVENT ONLOAD
- SFR: The displaying of GIF animation with an infinite frequency is not correctly managed
- Vodafone Greece : PDP connection management issue
- Vodafone Romania : Seeker applet doesn’t work
- Vodafone: The untrusted warning does not contain: ‘Applicazione Generica’
- USSD/SS Problem in Handset on call control event
- TomTom voice prompt still audible after it has been stopped
- Problem with third party application Total Recall between 3.1 and 3.2 platform
- Cannot select ringing tone when having too many songs stored on memory card
Push to Talk:
- PTT call does not work with BH900
- Backlight goes to 4% light forever in case keypad locked with animated screensaver and screensaver lights on
- Backlight 4% when automatically receiving Emails in keyguard
- SEND USSD 7bit data, successful, null length alpha identifier
- Cancelling diverts does not work
- Voice call starting with * or # cannot be made
- Enhancements to lipsynch for video call
- EAP settings. Username and password are difficult to read with NSeries Theme
- More that 20 improvements in UpnP Performance, usability, registration and compatibility.
- Welcome video causes UI problems when receiving incoming call
- H264 video file is recognized as an audio file when played from File Manager
- Voice mail indicator disappears in reboot
- More that 15 improvements in SIP registration, WLAN recovery and overall VOIP stability.
- Incorrect WLAN “coverage” value for hidden WLAN
- Trying to connect to a WLAN AP doesn’t work with Safecom router.
- A wait note for access point testing is not shown when configuring WPA/PSK
- Needless WLAN scanning when opening and closing internet connection